Thursday, November 11, 2010

Vetrans Day 11 Nov. 2010

I created this Video a few days ago...more for myself but also too Share...

The Day is almost over...I received  a few E-Mails and a lot of Thank Yous on FB....
But One thing will Stay with me for the Rest of my Life...




Today I went food shopping wearing this hat...It was very busy at the Winn-Dixie and I know that at least a hundred people seen me and a few looked me right in the Eyes...and what did they see...just a foolish old white man with an Oxygen tube in their way...or they just looked right through me...BUT on the way out, there is a Black Gentleman about my age sitting in a Wheelchair...we just kind of looked at each other and nodded...he smiled a toothless grin and so did I...without any prompt we both Saluted each other...That made My Day....One Vet to Another...

The only thing Wrong about that Picture is that he was sitting alone...kind out of the way...
My thoughts on this are...Is this what happens to my Generation...Will this Happen too Me...I live here by my self...my kids are all up North...I hope not, but the way things are going in this Country the rise in prices.
The cost of living goes up and my COLA stays the same...I am Disabled all I get is what I put into the system....

Ah but enough about me and my problems....


AND



YOU WILL BE







TAPS or DAY is DONE

                                               Fading light
                                               Falling night
                                               Trumpet call, as the sun, sinks in fright
                                               Sleep in peace, comrades dear,
                                                     God is near.

                                               Day is done, gone the sun
                                               From the lakes, from the hills, from the skies
                                               All is well, safely rest;
                                                     God is nigh.

                                                Then goodnight, peaceful night;
                                                Till the light of the dawn shineth bright.
                                                God is near, do not fear,
                                                     Friend, goodnight.



If you have Enjoyed or have any words of encouragement.. Please leave a comment...

No comments: